Start a new topic

System Update causing some apps not to work properly

Hi, We have a Alcatel 5061K fleet with the system updates set to auto. We have a health care system app used for this devices that is always having conflict and issues and the solution I have found is by removing the device from Esper and put Esper back.

The phones will be reformatted to Factory reset and new updates will also be applied after connecting to Wi-Fi and installing Esper. Then the App will be installed via Esper management.

After all these process is done then the problem on the App is resolved.

But doing this process over and over again to different devices with the same model is taking too much time and specially the device was already deployed.

Is there anything here that we are missing? Please also note that before the device is removed in Esper and back again, I have tried to clear the App and uninstall but with the same result. And I have done removing the device from Esper for at least 10 devices now and receiving more with the same issue.

Please advise.

Hello Jayson,

Hope you are doing well. Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues. You mentioned conflicts and issues, may we know what kind of issues did you experience? And can you give us some insights on when does this occur and please explain the process you used for the same. And can you suggest an Alcatel device in your fleet, from which we can the pull logs for checking up on this? 

Thanks and Regards,
Esper Support

Hi,

We have a main App that we use on this device for clock in/out of our staff. Most of the device is encountering a problem of no confirmation after tapping on clock in/out which we always get on all of our devices using this app or can't clock in/out at all. Sometimes it can be very slow.

I have been uninstalling or clearing the app but without a good result. The only solution I have come up with is to remove the device from Esper Management and put the device back in again by setting it up from new. 

After re-installing everything and system updates are applied from factory reset then the App we are using is performing the way it should be.

Please check device ERR-NQN-ZZQL.

Hope this help.

Thank you.

Hello Jayson,

Thanks for the info.

Just a suggestion which you can try it on a test device. Provision a device with esper, without any apps added in the template and keep it in multi-app initially. After the device has completed the provisioning process, check for system updates and update if available. Then when the device has been updated to the latest android version, install your main app.

And one more clarification about the error occurrence. When does this happen, when you're updating your main app? or updating your android system?

Thanks and Regards,

Esper Support

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply.

As I have mentioned the issues with our Main App is resolved after reformatting and removing the device from Esper and adding it back again to Esper.

The System updates are installed from start before Esper is fully functional on the device. If I'm not wrong another system update is causing the problem the reason why our Main App is being fixed after removing from Esper and reformatting the device. 

Any other suggestion to resolve this please? As reformatting and removing the device from Esper is a lot of process and it is time consuming specially the device is already deployed.

Thank you.

Hello Jayson,

As said in my previous response, during provisioning don't add any apps. Then after provisioning, let all the updates complete and make sure to check for any other system updates manually as well. Then try installing your app after that and trigger a bug report from your console. Please note that you've to press the notification on the device, which shows bug report is generated and ready to be shared, then it will get transferred to the console.

If still you're experiencing such issues, try running your app without provisioning your device onto esper and check if you're still experiencing such issues. This would give us some clarity what is causing it.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Esper Support

Hi Karthik,

The system updates were installed fully and correctly after removing from Esper Management and also System updates was checked manually to reassure that the very recent system updates is installed.

I would like to also confirm that the Main App we are using is also installed to other device and had the same problem but after a system update it fixes the issue.

The problem is: All of the device were already deployed. And asking each user to meet in the office to do this manually is causing delay to our daily task. 

Esper is set to auto-update the system on which is not working on those device where the solution I have is to manually remove them from Esper Management and re-install everything by physically having the device instead of doing it remotely.

I would appreciate if we can force apply the system update to all of our devices that is currently enrolled in Esper Management.

Thank you.

Hi, 

Anything on this please? I have our main app installed without provisioning a device onto Esper and it's all working fine.

Appreciate all supports for looking into this.

Kind regards,

Jayson

Hello Jayson,

We do have an option where we can install the OS updates on all the devices, Go to Devices & Groups--> "Eye" option--> OS Updates , Deploy OS update now you can push these updates on all the devices.

Regards,

Esper Support

Hi, Can you shed me some light on how to do this please? I followed what you have instructed me to do but asking to get the Build. Not sure about that. Please advise. Thank you

Hi, any guidance please? Thanks

Hi, This has been going on for a while now. Never thought it can take days. Any guidance here? Thanks

Hello Jayson,

Apologies for the late reply, This solution works for Esper Enhanced Android devices only, Can you check have you disabled the OS updates in your template?

Regards,

Vinay

Hi Vinay, as posted on this thread. The System Update is set to Auto. Therefore it's turned on on all devices registered, provisioned and set in Esper. Thanks

Hello Jayson,

Can you please try our Esper Provisioning tool for onboard the device, before provisioning the device can you load up the app and the system update and then can you please provision the device.

Click on the link to download the tool with the detailed steps.

https://downloads.esper.io/esper-provisioner/windows/EsperDeviceProvisioner.exe 

https://docs.esper.io/home/provisioner.html#windows-10-installation

Regards,

Vinay

Login or Signup to post a comment