Start a new topic

Firewall issue

We're currently trialing esper.io to manage our Android devices. So far, it's working well. However, we need to be able to manage our on-premises devices and currently, unless they are connected to 4g, we can't as when they are connected to our WiFi, the Firewall blocks access.

Our Firewall team won't open up the ports for the whole of *.amazonaws.com or *.shoonyacloud.com for obvious security reasons, so have asked if there is an IP range or subnet that they can use instead?

It would be a shame to fail on this, as Esper seems to do everything we need so far.

I'd appreciate a reply ASAP as my timescale to get this implemented is very narrow.

Thanks

Hello Ben,

Is it possible for you to bring your device online, as we can pull the logs and check what all needs to be whitelisted.

Thanks

Hi Karthik

It should now be online. Device name: EPR-NNZ-RU64

Anything else you need from me?

Hello Ben,

Thanks for the quick revert. We'll check up on our side and will keep you posted.

Thanks and Regards

Esper Support

That's great, many thanks for the quick reply.

Hello Ben,

Our cloud team suggested the following:-

1. a1kavkrgfzold3-ats.iot.us-west-2.amazonaws.com on port 443 and 8883
2. *.s3.amazonaws.com:443

3. *.shoonyacloud.com (This is Esper's Internal, So no need to worry about security)

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards

Esper Support

Hi Karthik

Many thanks for the super-quick reply. I'll pass this onto our team and let you know how we get on.

Thanks

Ben

HI Karthnik

Are you able to give those is subnet (IP range) format - ie. 10.10.10.10/24 please?

The firewall team have said they require it in this format.

Thanks

Ben

Hello Ben,

The IP Address are dynamically assigned by AWS and changes according to the load on the servers. That's why we need to whitelist the whole domain. 

Hope you understand.

Thanks and Regards,

Esper Support

Login or Signup to post a comment