Start a new topic

Notification Bar and Android Settings

I'm running my tablets in Multi-App mode.  Due to a Line of Business App I need to run I have to show the notification bar, but that allows users to swipe down and select the Android Settings "gear" icon.  I have Android Settings turned off in my template and compliance policies, but the settings are still accessible through the notification bar.  Please advise.  Thanks!

Hello Carrie,

If you want users to be able to swipe down to see the notification bar, set Notification Bar to on. If you don’t, set it to off. You will typically want notification bar turned off for Android kiosk mode. But, you may choose to leave this setting on if you will request bug report submissions from device users. User bug report requests from Esper generally must be sent via notification bar.

Thanks, 

I do need my users to see users to see the Notification Bar, but when they swipe down they can see the "Android Settings" gear icon which allows them to access the Device system settings.  I do have "Android Settings" turned off but they can still access the device settings.

Any idea how I can keep the Notification Bar turned on while disabling Android Settings?

Hello Carrie,

Our technical team is looking into this issue, will revert back once we have the solution.

Regards,

Esper Support

Thank you! Do you have an ETA?

Just checking in again to see if you have an ETA on the Android Settings issue when the notification bar is on.

Hello Carrie,

Apologies for the delayed response, currently this option is available by creating a apk (Supervisor Plugin for the specific device model name) based on that we can share that apk then this option should work.  

Regards,

Esper Support 

Login or Signup to post a comment